Power reticulation systems
Understanding a site’s present and future load requirements is essential for ensuring it is fit for purpose, compliant with client standards and government regulations, and performs as expected.
Through discussions with the client, the site’s present and future requirements can be established. In particular the following key elements of the system need to be understood:
- What is the appropriate power system network configuration to meet the client’s needs?
- What level of resilience is necessary to ensure supply security?
- What equipment is best suited in order to be reliable, rated appropriately, maintainable and safe?
- What methods of protection for personnel and equipment are to be implemented?
- What are the contingency plans in the event of equipment failure?
The team at Neo has extensive experience in the development of power reticulation and protection system solutions for industrial clients across a wide range of industries. By drawing on years of experience, discussions with the client, sites visits and available documentation it is possible for our engineers to create a model of the installation using PowerCAD or ETAP software. This model allows the power network to be designed and simulated under likely failure scenarios.
- PowerCAD is an industry recognised software package which allows real time complies checking against AS/NZS3000 legal requirements.
- ETAP is a world leading electrical modelling and analysis software package which provides Neo with detailed load flow and fault level analysis, arc flash energy level determination and protection setting discrimination and co-ordination